Winter Holidays

At least for me, winter holidays are always strange but i don’t really know why.
Maybe because it’s cold and and it gets dark early. Also we are accustomed to associate the concept of holiday with: beach, sun, heat, party and watermelon.

Anyway, I’m not used to go out of Santiago in winter. I usually stay in my house, lying on my bed, watching movies or reading, and having a cup of tea. However, I have some memorable winter holiday experiences.

Two years ago I went with some classmates to Valparaiso (in Winter holidays). We stayed for a week in a department we rented.
I have no idea how we fit all in that place, because we were twelve persons in an extremely small space (in fact, there was only one room, But in the end, that didn’t really matter because the least we did was sleep…) Those days were full of: going to parties, alcohol, drugs, distortion and even fights. Valparaiso is a hidden world at night, and it is a place that causes the emergence of anyone's vices.
This experience was so crazy, that I finished fighting with my friends from school, and i returned to Santiago a day before they were all returned.


Nonetheless, I think this is one of the most treasured moments that i have in my memory.

What I would like to do in winter holidays, is complicated, because there are two scenarios that are just as tempting:

1) Stay all day in bed, sleeping or reading a book; Warm from the cold outside.
2) Go anywhere; To the beach, river, forest, snow, and even (when there is nothing in your pockets) a visit to the plaza works.


I think this Winter i will choose the first.

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.






Comments

  1. Good post! i really feel identified with it, i'll probably do the same thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first it's always a good choice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts