Changes to my study program

The changes i would do to my study programme (basically to my career) are a lot.

In the first instance, it would start by separating from the root the three mentions of anthropology: Social Anthropology, Archeology and Physical Anthropology. I would do three different careers and not three specializations in Anthropology (as it happens today). This, because I think they are really different, and by separating them, they could be deepened and developed in a much more complete way.

As what interests me is Social Anthropology, I will focus on the changes I would make in it.
I feel that more subjets of Political Sciences, Philosophy and Linguistics should be added. I think this because the formation of a social anthropologist has to contemplate an extensive knowledge of the political relations, philosophical conceptions and forms of languages, so he/she could be able to apply them in the cultures that will study

In relation to the workload and duration of studies, i think that it’s okey. I mean, obviously I would like to have more time to read everything I need, however that can not be done because the reduction of hours would simply make the anthropological study less profound.

The buildings and infraestructure could be bettter, that it is a fact. But Social Anthropology doesn't need as much infrastructure as the physics or archeology (that need laboratories, extensive technological use, etcetera). In fact, I think what this area of ​​study needs most are good teachers, who plan their classes in advance and have field experience.
And that obviously, use methods corresponding to the 21st century.






 

Comments

  1. i think the same thing, when i had to do this post, im gonna copy you the idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts