English Language Challenges

First of all, I think that although learning English is very important today, doing it in your first year at university is not the most appropriate thing. This is because you enter to a career that you don’t really know, and that has a study pace a thousand times more difficult than the pace of school. Having to study for six subjects and also for the English course when you still don’t get used to the environment is COMPLEX. However, it has been a nice experience. The teacher is very good and has very interesting teaching methods.
For example, I think all this thing of blogging is a particularly interesting way of practicing language, because applying it to reality and creativity teaches you much more than studying for a test.

I feel that what I most need to improve about my English is how to talk with people. Because grammar and vocabulary don’t cost me much, in fact I feel that this can be improved by practicing it.
Perhaps talking in English could improve by living in an English-speaking country; because when you are there, you are forced to speak.

Honestly, out of class I don’t use English so much. But for example I never see movies or series dubbed in Spanish (I can’t stand it, it's so unpleasant). I also have two or three friends who are from other countries, and we communicate in English. The times I have traveled outside of Chile, to other countries where they do not speak Spanish I have also used -and therefore practiced- my English.

However there is still much to do: I will begin to see series without subtitles, to see how it goes.


Resultado de imagen para friends subtitulado en inglés

Comments

  1. I agree with blogs are a fabulous method, because its makes you to use your creativity and, as you say, is more effective than do tests to learn English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! this is a really nice post because of his great ending i think Joey is pretty cool, sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you are so lucky because you have the chance to talk English with other people, so you can practice. Also i love the picture you put on the blog, i love Joey<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts